Lunchbreak: Zimmer Meet & Greet to Support Cancer Survivor's Fundraising Efforts

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
b2ccmndnzkg11eeryoks

Vikings fans will have the opportunity to meet Head Coach Mike Zimmer while also supporting a worthwhile cause.

On May 13, Zimmer is partnering with local memorabilia store FanHQ for an autograph signing and meet-and-greet. Through the Mike Zimmer Foundation, 100 percent of proceeds from ticket purchases will benefit Maddie B's Mission.

Maddie, who in December completed 34 months of cancer treatments, connected with Zimmer through a previous foundation event. She currently is fundraising to find a cure for PH+ Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Maddie explained her efforts:

I am honored to say that I have been nominated as a 2020 Students of the Year candidate for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). The fundraiser is seven weeks, starting Jan. 9, 2020, to Feb. 29, 2020. The student that raises the most by asking for donations, getting sponsorships, hosting events and collecting items for silent auction gets awarded at the gala and wins a $2,500 college scholarship. More importantly, I will get to have a grant in honor of someone, and I would choose my grandma as she passed away from cancer seven months after I was diagnosed. My team of family and friends volunteering with Maddie B's Mission are working hard to reach my goal of $150,000. Our hope is to provide support to research new treatments and drugs for blood cancer which has affected myself and many others. In order to reach our goal, we need your help!

Fans can choose from a variety of ticket package options, with prices ranging from $30 to $75.

Note: Tickets must be purchased by Feb. 29 in order to support Maddie's Mission.