Minnesota Vikings Round 4 Recap of 2021 NFL Draft

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
wnguxzeyqntvzemfwldi

Although he is listed at 210 pounds, Nwangwu was unofficially clocked at 4.29 seconds in the 40-yard dash at Iowa State's Pro Day in March. Some measured the time at 4.31 seconds. Iowa State also recorded him with a 37-inch vertical jump and 22 reps on the 225-pound bench press.

"Actually, my fastest was a 4.25 in training. I went to Nashville to train at Boost Performance, and the hand timing got me at a 4.25," Nwangwu said. "The speed part of my game, I think it's just setting it up. I'm still working on that, being able to set up blocks with your speed, too. So like tempo-ing it down and being able to accelerate when you have the ability to."

Nwangwu said he recently has been in constant contact with the Vikings, including chatting with Vikings Special Teams Coordinator Ryan Ficken and running backs coach Kennedy Polamalu.

"I think my agent, we sat down and looked at depth charts for multiple teams, even looking at the scheme, the running backs coach, even the possibility for kick return/punt return, any type of special team needs," Nwangwu said. "We circled the Vikings as a high place where I could go there and have a role as a kick returner and special teams player, and I would fit their scheme in the outside zone scheme in the run game."