Monday Morning Mailbag: Young Players Poised To Make A Leap, Expectations In Year One For Mattison, More

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ok0lqseffit0lxme5mwl

How about giving us some info on last year’s practice squad? Who developed and has a good chance of making it? They could be just as important as a draft pick this year. I’m particularly interested in Chad Beebe.
-- Gary Gimble

Beebe figures to be right in the thick of the competition for a wide receiver spot in 2019. He’s flashed some promise on the practice fields and now the key will be to continue showing well in practice, staying healthy and transferring it all to the field during games. It will be interesting to see if he can show he can help on special teams. As for a “practice squad update”, I’d say it’s a bit difficult to use that subset of the roster as a way to list and evaluate players because quite honestly the practice squad changes on an almost-weekly basis. I’ll just say a couple of developmental prospects I’m excited to see in 2019 include a quartet of defensive linemen – Ade Aruna, Jalyn Holmes, Hercules Mata’afa and Ifeadi Odenigbo.