NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah explains why he's such a big fan of Matt Rhule

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
dyl80e1hgjcvg6ahscsv

"Matt, he's just a leader," Jeremiah said. "If you're going to look for what you want in a head coach, you want somebody that's going to be a leader, that's going to create an environment that's very competitive, and he's going to have a football team that's tough and physical. I think when you follow him throughout his career, that's followed him."

Beyond the first round of April's draft, Jeremiah said he could see Rhule and the Panthers taking a few chances on players who may not make an immediate impact. Instead, because of Rhule's faith in his staff's ability to teach, Jeremiah said Carolina might seek out players who align with their core values and offer special athletic traits.

"If they're tough and they're fast, and maybe they're not great football players right now, they're a little bit raw, developmental," Jeremiah explained, "I know they have a lot of confidence in their group as teachers to be able to get it out of them. That's kind of the traits I would keep an eye out for (the Panthers)."