Ngakoue Wants to be Spark for Vikings Defense Against Colts

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
naqisyxz5t6z6vqxz5zl

Ngakoue and his teammates will get a chance to redeem themselves Sunday against the Colts, a team the defensive end knows well from the four seasons his spent in the AFC South.

In eight career games against Indianapolis, Ngakoue has 6.5 career sacks and recorded at least one sack in five separate games. He's also added three forced fumbles and an interception.

"I see a lot of the similar things I've seen over the past four years when I was in Jacksonville. Big guys, big o-line," Ngakoue said. "They try to get their hands on you and just try to swallow you up.

"So I've just got to try to bring that same intensity that I've brought these last four years into this game," Ngakoue added. "Not just that, but just trying to inform the guys that I'm playing with how they can beat certain guys that are their matchups, and things like that."

The respect factor goes both ways between Ngakoue and the Colts.

"When it was apparent that Yannick was going to get traded, obviously we were happy about that, and then, of course, right away, he's going to Minnesota so we'll see him in Week 2," said Colts Head Coach Frank Reich. "We have a lot of respect for Yannick here in this building. Obviously, having played against him several times, he has a relentless motor, he's a fierce competitor.

"We just feel like he's a really good player. He's tough and plays with the right kind of mindset. That was a very good pickup for the Vikings," Reich added. "Having gone up against him, I think Vikings fans can be really encouraged about that pickup."