Offensive coaches weigh in on key players

Staley Da Bear

Mar 16, 2019
toqsmi0kiqpuvv2tbaok

On what he’s seen in training camp from Allen Robinson II:
“I’ve just seen a pro, a pro that’s gone home in the summer, he’s gotten ready physically, which he couldn’t do last year [while rebounding from a torn ACL], a guy that’s been in his playbook because he loves to know exactly what he’s supposed to do. He’s comfortable, and he’s confident in where he’s supposed to be. He looks healthy. Now we’ve just got to keep him going, keep him growing. He wants to grow. He’s trying to learn everything he possibly can.”

On the difference with Anthony Miller entering his second season:
“I think just being able to line up and slow things down. Last year was just go, go, gadget. I just held my breath hoping that he was going to go to the right place. But he was going to do it full bore. Then it was just kind of learning what we do, learning how to do it, learning to back things off a little bit, understand what the defense is doing. That’s a lot of volume. He’s been able to handle that. He’s been able to come in now, he’s been through it, he’s ran the routes that we run, he’s heard the plays in the huddle, he understands what we’re doing. So now I just believe that everything is going to keep getting better and better for him.”

On how second-year pro Javon Wims* has gained confidence in his ability:*
“He believes in himself now. He’s comfortable that he can play in the NFL and that he can be a great player in the NFL. Once he got past that, which obviously took a while, he’s grown in every aspect. He’s grown physically, he’s grown mentally, he’s confident, and he’s excited right now.”