Opposing Viewpoint: 5 Questions (and Answers) About Panthers

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
foqcmja5pwuecjju1vde

Here is the Week 12 edition of Opposing Viewpoint:

We'll start with the most obvious storyline of Sunday's game … Teddy Bridgewater's return to Minnesota. A two-part question here on Teddy: how beloved is he as a teammate in the locker room and as a leader, and how has he looked on the field this season in his first full-time starting role since his devastating 2016 knee injury?

KB:
I'm sure you have experience with the legacy he left in Minnesota, but it's so much a part of who he is. That leadership is really the core of him being a quarterback. We started to hear about it a lot in the offseason, even guys on defense, saying how he came in and owned the leadership role … and the team wasn't even in the building. He went out of his way to get to know everyone, whether that was through texts or [video] meetings.

He's come in and commanded the team and is an established leader, even when he's started with a brand-new team and teammates and coaching staff. I think it's just so impressive. He just has a way of talking to you like you're the only thing that matters, listening to what you say and then being very thoughtful in what he says. It's a quiet confidence and it's easily understood why his teammates love him and listen to him and respect him the way that they do.

As for how he looks physically, I haven't been able to tell there's been anything involving his past injuries that have hampered him this season. To my sideline reporter eye, he looks good. We've seen him run and scramble and score a few times, make some plays with his legs.