Packers CB Jaire Alexander primed to follow up All-Pro season

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
ssr2nocpac9sqxwwtrc9

Yet, the 5-foot-10, 196-pound cornerback saved his best for last when he picked off Tom Brady twice in last January's NFC Championship Game.

"I thought he had a great last game," said defensive backs coach Jerry Gray of Alexander. "The biggest thing that he has to do is – No. 1, I will look and say 'OK, where do you want to compete and where do you want to be?'

"I've told him his biggest problem is going to be him. Right now, you're sitting on the top of the mountain, you're one of the top corners in this league. How do you get back there?"

Alexander seems to have taken those words to heart. While he was absent during the three practices open to the media during organized team activities, Alexander was in prime form after returning for the team's three-day minicamp.

The 5-foot-10, 196-pound cornerback appeared much stronger in his upper body and was virtually impossible to complete passes on in competitive team periods.

Stokes, the 29th overall pick in April's NFL Draft, made it a point to pepper Alexander with as many questions as he could during the week the two former first-round picks spent together.

"Just trying to pick his brain apart," Stokes said. "Trying to learn everything that he does and how to get the ball out, how to do this, and then just the little things that you don't see, like what the camera won't see outside of practice, how he's constantly working out, even before practice. So I'm just watching him and learning from the best."