Presser Points: Zimmer Notes Good, Bad & Ugly from Titans Game Film

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
hbx0mgghafo5u7bwgeem

3. Seeing the silver linings

It's tough to find the positives after three straight losses, but Zimmer said he's seeing growth from the young defensive players.

"I think the biggest thing is I keep seeing improvement from these young guys," he said.

Zimmer specifically pointed to rookie D.J. Wonnum, who has been involved the past two games (25 snaps apiece) in the defensive end rotation in Danielle Hunter's absence. On Sunday, Wonnum recorded three tackles and a tackle for loss.

Zimmer also has seen progress from the Vikings secondary.

"D.J. Wonnum has improved, the DBs have all improved," he said. "They've still got work to do before we can get to where we want to be, but they're all improving, and not having preseason with a young secondary, that's always difficult. They'll continue to get better."

4. Looking for 1st win

The Vikings will continue working to notch their first win of the season.

Their next opportunity will be Sunday, when they face a fellow 0-3 team in the Houston Texans.

How much would a win mean to Minnesota at this point?

"That's the disappointing thing, and what I told them in the locker room last night was, we work our butts off to do that and probably should have won the game yesterday and didn't win it," Zimmer said. "We work hard, and we don't have anything to show for it right now.

"It's disappointing, it's frustrating, it's all those things that you want to say," he continued, "but we've got to keep grinding, and hopefully the ball bounces our way and we'll get a win here this next week."