Presser Points: Zimmer Says Vikings ‘Looking at a Lot of Different Things’ Defensively

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
kwkhloifbnen6wtodmku

1. Danielle’s development

Danielle Hunter impressed early on as a third-round draft pick in 2015, and he’s continued to take major strides forward each season.

Still just 24 years old, Hunter’s 40 career sacks are the most by anyone in his draft class.

Zimmer said that Hunter has always been someone who “never wants to make a mistake” but that his development has allowed him to play more freely and not worry as much about errors.

He offered the caveat that Hunter may still be “a little apprehensive” when asked to do something new, but he doesn’t slow his game speed.

“In the past he would always, ‘OK, I’ve got to make sure I do this,’ and now if he makes a mistake, he’s going to make it full-speed, correct it and move forward with it,” Zimmer said. “You obviously see the athletic ability and the bend that he has, the long arms and the strength, and the way that he can slither through openings in the pass game – and in the run game.”

2. Early impressions of Bradbury

Center Garrett Bradbury, whom the Vikings drafted 18th overall in April, has impressed so far during OTAs.

It’s not always an easy transition from college to starting center in the NFL, but Zimmer said Bradbury has been doing “a nice job” with the jump.

“He’s a very athletic guy that [can] really bend. He’s got good power, he’s very competitive,” said Zimmer, who pointed out that Bradbury remained on the field to put in extra work. “He’s done a good job. We’re giving him a lot of different looks defensively, so I think that’s good for him. There’s times when we [confuse him a] little bit, but he’s very, very bright and doing a good job.”