Robinson wins ‘Good Guy Award’ from Chicago media

Staley Da Bear

Mar 16, 2019
cke9juh2nk8pqlcwunfi

Veteran receiver Allen Robinson on Thursday was presented with the 2019 Bears Media Good Guy Award by the Chicago chapter of the Pro Football Writers of America.

The award is given annually to the player who is voted most cooperative with the media.

“You guys have a job to do and I definitely do understand that,” Robinson told reporters.

Robinson conceded that he wasn’t always as cooperative with the media, especially in his first few seasons after being selected by the Jaguars in the second round of the 2014 draft.

“After you play in the league for a little bit, you go through a lot of ups and downs,” Robinson said. “As far as being a younger player, I don’t think that I was this same person when it came to the media. So I can definitely understand that when I see some of the younger guys, just some of the ways they go about the media because I’ve been there before.”

Robinson has grown as a person and as a player since his first few NFL seasons.

“Throughout my career I think I’ve matured on and off the field,” Robinson said. “As far as going through some tough situations, being 3-13 and having seasons like that [as he did in Jacksonville in 2014 and 2016], you kind of reflect on yourself. You try to figure out how to better those situations. So for myself, on the field I became better and off the field as well.”

On the field, Robinson leads the Bears in all receiving categories with a career-high 89 receptions for 1,076 yards and seven touchdowns.

Robinson is the seventh winner of the Bears Media Good Guy Award. Previous recipients have been Josh McCown (2013), Ryan Mundy (2014), Matt Slauson (2015), Tracy Porter (2016), Zach Miller (2017) and Prince Amukamara (2018).