Ron Leary has 'no restrictions' in practice, Phillip Lindsay set to return for training camp

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
qg53rqiqjcv5vtdktff3

Fangio said Lindsay likely could’ve participated in the team’s minicamp practices, but the team’s medical staff wanted the second-year player to avoid unnecessary contact.

“It’s a particular injury that they tell me it’s going well, they just want it to get bumped on yet,” Fangio said. “He could go out there and do everything, but they just want to use this time and the next five weeks to make sure he’s ready to go.”

Lindsay said he recognizes he shouldn’t participate when he’s “half-injured and half-healthy,” but the former undrafted player seems eager to return to the field.

“Any injury is frustrating, but I’m anxious to be out there with my teammates,” Lindsay said. “I see [Devontae] Book[er] and Royce [Freeman] putting in a lot of work, and I want to be out there with them. I like the grind. I like being tired. I like the sweat, the blood, the tears. That’s what I’m here for. I can’t wait to get back to that.”

When Lindsay does return, he said he’ll need to pick up a new blocking scheme, learn to be more patient in the offense and define his role.

As far as he can tell, that role should be similar to the one he held last season.

“Everybody has a role, and for me it’s about making big plays,” Lindsay said. “I’ve got to go out there and showcase that.”