Rookie Minicamp Features Younger Brothers of 2 Current Vikings

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
wxuetjhq6a4gjdzoy2fr

The defensive tackle, who transferred to Miami after three seasons at Illinois, joked on Twitter about “riding my brother’s coattail my whole life” but took a more serious tone about his path.

“It’s kind of like a motivation,” Tito said. “My brother did a lot of things at Northwestern, he went through a lot of adversity, as well, and watching my brother do all the things he did at Northwestern kind of made it a stepping stone for me.

“It’s always fun playing with your brother; I haven’t played with him since high school,” Tito added. “It’s very exciting, and I’m very honored to be here.”

Tito and Ifeadi’s parents, Linda and Thomas, immigrated to America from Nigeria in the early 90s, and the brothers didn’t start playing football until a later age. And while it took a bit of convincing for Linda to allow her sons to play the sport that has now opened doors for them both, the Odenigbos have since become more of a football family.

Tito quipped that his parents celebrated the potential of traveling to just one city to watch their sons play.

“They’re going to save a lot of money on plane tickets. I know my mom and dad are very excited about that,” he laughed. “My mom was ecstatic. Being the younger one, I think she always worries about me the most, and since Ifeadi’s the favorite, she just loves that the favorite is taking care of the younger child. They’re very excited.”

Tito is looking forward to learning from Vikings defensive line coach Andre Patterson, whom he’s gotten to know a little bit through Ifeadi.

“I know he’s a good coach,” Tito said. “I mean, Ifeadi’s a hard critic, as you can imagine. Ifeadi’s very hard to please, and he definitely has good things to say about Coach Dre. So that being said, it’s kind of cool.”

When Tito hits the field with Ifeadi for organized team activity practices, which will kick off on May 20, does he expect some friendly sibling rivalry?

“Ifeadi is Ifeadi,” Tito said, flashing a grin. “So there’s always going to be competition between us.”