The Colts Are Building A Team - On The Field And Off

Blue

Mar 19, 2019
lmluomri68ri37rxwftl

Whether it’s on the football field or on the golf course, for the Colts - time spent together is time well spent.

“We are a football team, so 99 percent of what we are doing is playing ball, meeting and working out,” said Reich. “But having a few other activities I think is important. It’s good to have fun together, get out of the building a little bit for some rock climbing, bowling or whatever the case may be. I think our guys genuinely like and respect each other and it’s fun hanging out like that.”

“You’re obviously going to bond in a football setting. But any time you can bond outside of football when you’re not focused on problem solving or fixing a coverage or play, you really learn about each other and your actual life that goes on when you leave the building,” said safety Matthias Farley.

That’s where real bonds are made. That's when teammates become brothers. That's what it's all about.

“I think that’s really important when it comes to overall chemistry because you know more about him, you care more about him,” Farley said. “They’re involved in your story a little bit more, you’re involved in theirs. I think that ultimately helps the team glue and gel and become a lot closer.”

For the players, it all comes down to trust.