The hidden beauty in Malik Taylor's first NFL touchdown catch

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
r68tf7sf9cwsxunr7n1n

From where he was standing in the visiting locker room at NRG Stadium, Rodgers could tell what that catch meant to his 24-year-old receiver.

"I was walking around the far side of the locker room and I just looked over and saw Malik," Rodgers recalled Wednesday.

"You guys have seen the picture of me in Detroit in 2016 when we won six in a row and it's in the locker room – it's one of my favorite pictures … because I think it totally encapsulates the emotion of that moment, there's just such a contentment about it and joy that you kinda see in my face.

"That's what I felt looking at Malik in the locker room, that's the emotions he was going through. There was just, like a, relief, joy, happiness, contentment, pride."

There's been a lot of those seminal moments this year for the Packers, where a player – heralded or unheralded – steps into the spotlight and creates memory that transcends a play.

Davante Adams, Allen Lazard, Robert Tonyan, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Kingsley Keke already have turned in career-best performances in the first half of the 2020 season.

While Taylor's big day may have paled in comparison to outsiders (two catches for six yards and the TD), it's also everything that's made the Packers' 5-1 start so special.