Three Bears share their Combine memories

Staley Da Bear

Mar 16, 2019
fdmoy9s3vwua8qthcu2p

How would you describe your Combine experience?

Kwiatkoski: "It was hectic. You've got testing, meetings, drug tests at 4 or 5 a.m. It's just nonstop. The toughest thing was probably getting rest. You're up early and you're going all day. I think your last meeting is at 11 p.m. and you've got to be up early the next day. Nothing really surprised me, but there was definitely a 'wow' factor when you're up early and the first thing you're doing in the morning is lining up to run the 40."

Jackson: "It's really like a meat market. You're walking up there in front of a bunch of people with your shirt off. It's a nervous feeling. Outside of that part, there are a lot of meetings. The cool thing is you get to learn different types of schemes on the fly. When you go in a room, they put you on a board, and you learn how to draw plays and explain positions and stuff like that."

Smith: "There were definitely a lot of interviews, but I feel like I learned a lot and it helped me grow because there's some adversity you face at the Combine. Meeting so many of the top players and seeing how you compete, interact and perform with those guys, I really enjoyed that experience."