Through the Lens: Packers' celebrations, angles, details and surprises

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
nlxjsou0kgjeacjgimm0

Sometimes a change in perspective can make an image stand out. It's rare for me to come away from a game with this photo, mainly because I'm always positioned in front of the action. Certain situations during a game will allow me to gamble on some compositions. Seeing that the Packers were starting off near their own goal line, I swung to the back of the end zone behind the team. This opportunity allowed me to get some nice wide-angle compositions with the crowd in the background and other creative frames. This particular composition, which happened to be my favorite from the series, I laid on the ground to give it more of a field-level look. Laying on the ground helped me add a little of the field into the frame, more for balance and creativity by using the green color hues. I used a very shallow depth-of-field to make the players pop, which also created a very cool bokeh in the center of the frame. The composition came complete thanks to the offensive linemen (and Jamaal Williams) as they block off their defenders pressuring Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers. This image was shot with a 135mm lens (ISO = 400, Aperture = 2, Shutter = 1/4000th).