Tre Boston: "I want to help build Carolina back up"

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
aua4mkdibambo2xuecvi

Carolina's new defensive pass game coordinator and secondary coach Jason Simmons has seen what Boston has done from afar.

"He's shown an awful lot of resolve with the way that his career has gone," Simmons said. "He's been productive everywhere he's gone and he's had to move through several teams."

With the Chargers, Cardinals and then his reunion with the Panthers, Boston totaled 11 total interceptions the past three seasons. Those were the second-most picks among safeties in the time frame.

"Tre is just flat out tough and he's smart," Simmons said. "He matches the identity of the type of secondary that we want to build here. He has a natural and a real energy. It's authentic and invigorating."

A new coaching staff and younger personnel group aren't the only hurdles Boston will face this spring. The voluntary workouts that were scheduled to begin April 6 have been postponed indefinitely by COVID-19.

"Right now, I'm just staying home with my wife and the little one," Boston said. "But I'm always working out and keeping my body in shape. We have to be prepared for whenever we get back in there."

Whenever that is, the Carolina guy will surely be ready. And loud.