Trent Williams Already Fitting 'Right In' with 49ers

Sourdough Sam

Mar 20, 2019
veh7tyloqee6meqq88qp

"It's been nerve wracking, honestly," Williams said. "I'm just so ecstatic just to get back in the building, put a jersey on, put my helmet back on, just get around the guys and feel the camaraderie in the locker room. Just that friendship, that bond that you get that comes with the team, I think I missed that a lot over the last 12 to 14 months. It just felt too good to be true. And honestly, I know we have a lot going on, but I was so excited just to get back in the swing of things. I kind of overlooked it."

Williams doesn't see his time away as a hurdle in his fresh start in San Francisco. He's more concerned with keeping his nerves in check than working off any perceived "rust." Regardless of the fact, the 49ers have a host of young talent to aid Williams in readjusting to the NFL. In particular, Williams specified the reigning Defensive Rookie of the Year to assist in the transition.

"(Nick Bosa) is going to be a pivotal tool for me to use to knock the rust off," Williams said. "He's probably one of the biggest challenges that I'll face all year. He's one of the top four or five rushers in the game. To get that work and be able to have that every day, and we can kind of bounce ideas off each other and talk each other through it. I think it's going to work out as best-case for me, and I hope he gains just as much as I do from it."