Vance Joseph Returning As Cardinals Defensive Coordinator

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
xfaptboa9tas4ogwvbxi

KEY CARDINALS PLAY IN ALL 16 GAMES

After some injury-marred campaigns in the past, Hicks, left tackle D.J. Humphries and left guard Justin Pugh each logged full seasons in 2019. Hicks was on the field for every one of the Cardinals’ 1,133 defensive snaps, which was more than any other defender in the NFL, per Pro Football Focus.

“Huge achievement for me, especially with my history and all the chatter about my health,” Hicks said. “I think that was able to shut some of that noise up.”

Pugh heard the critics, too, after playing in 15 games total the past two seasons.

“This is why I stay off social media for the most part,” Pugh said. “Every time: ‘You can’t stay healthy. You can’t do this. You cant do that.’ Well, I played 16 games, and I played pretty well for 16 games. I’m excited about my future here and being able to help this team win a lot of ballgames moving forward.”

JONES COULD NEED THUMB SURGERY, KIRK TO REST ANKLE

Outside linebacker Chandler Jones may need a minor procedure on a thumb injury he played through in Sunday’s season finale against the Rams. Kingsbury said there are some ligaments that may need to be fixed.

Jones finished the season second in the NFL with 19 sacks and tied for first with eight forced fumbles.

Wide receiver Christian Kirk won’t need surgery on the ankle he injured early in the season against the Seahawks, but said the ailment hindered him following is return.

“It’s not a fun deal, but I didn’t want to miss any more games,” Kirk said. “If I can get out there and contribute and help the team, I’m going to do it. But to get to the offseason and get healthy and get it 100 percent, I can’t wait to get it right.”

Kirk, who finished the season with 68 receptions for 709 yards and three touchdowns, said the ankle was rolled up on several times in the final few games. He finally started feeling better in the season finale against Los Angeles.

“The previous couple of weeks, it just didn’t feel like I had anything after the catch,” Kirk said.

Continue reading...