Vikings 2021 Mock Draft Tracker: Version 7.0

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
p775vgcooa3j1mph3rbq

Jason Pruett of DRAFTPLEX (three rounds included)

April 14, 2021

The predicted pick at No. 14: Christian Darrisaw, Tackle, Virginia Tech

I could see Mike Zimmer pounding the table for a pass rusher or cornerback Jaycee Horn, but the Vikings currently have a substantial hole to fill at left tackle. Christian Darrisaw isn't a perfect prospect, but his physical gifts combined with proper coaching could see him reach a very high ceiling.

The predicted pick at No. 78: Milton Williams, Defensive Tackle, Louisiana Tech

The predicted pick at No. 90: D'Wayne Eskridge, Wide Receiver, Western Michigan

Click here for Pruett's full mock draft.

Benjamin Solak of The Draft Network

April 26, 2021

The predicted pick at No. 14: Alijah Vera-Tucker, Tackle/Guard, Southern California

The Vikings are a small trade-up candidate with four fourth-round picks to their name — but with the board falling nicely across the last several picks for their purposes, they're content to sit and wait on Vera-Tucker, who I expect to go somewhere in the top 15. Minnesota's a great spot for his purposes, as he could either take over the left tackle job vacated by Reiff, or take the right guard spot and kick 2020 second-round pick Ezra Cleveland over to left tackle. Flexibility on the offensive line is key.

Vera-Tucker, for my money, is the second-best offensive lineman in this draft, and Minnesota's been hunting a solid interior line for the last few seasons. He's the cherry on top of their offensive line reload.

Click here for Solak's full mock draft.

Jaime Eisner of The Draft Network

April 23, 2021

The predicted pick at No. 14: Alijah Vera-Tucker, Tackle/Guard, Southern California

The Vikings continue to build their offensive line with the versatile Alijah Vera-Tucker. He probably has more career upside at guard, but can also play tackle and be a key piece to getting Minnesota's best five linemen out there in front of Dalvin Cook and Co.

Click here for Eisner's full mock draft.

Trevor Sikkema of The Draft Network

April 26, 2021

The predicted pick at No. 14: Jaelan Phillips, Edge Rusher, Miami

The Vikings made an effort to get more pass rush last year with Yannick Ngakoue and it failed, but the need is still there.

Click here for Sikkema's full mock draft.

Mike Tanier of Pro Football Network

April 21, 2021

The predicted pick at No. 14: Kwity Paye, Edge Rusher, Michigan

The Vikings defense registered just 23 sacks last season. Yannick Ngakoue, who led the team with 5.0 sacks, was actually traded to the Ravens midseason. Moreover, top pass rusher Danielle Hunter is coming back from herniated disc surgery. So the Vikings obviously need an edge rusher.

I am not as high on Kwity Paye as I am on other edge rushers in this draft class like Georgia's Azeez Ojulari, Texas' Joseph Ossai, or Pitt's Patrick Jones. However, Paye is undeniably toolsy, and the Vikings tend to make safe, down-the-middle draft decisions.

Click here for Tanier's full mock draft.

A.J. Schulte of Pro Football Network (three rounds included)

April 24, 2021

The Vikings … have enough on the defensive line that I think they'll pass on [a pass rusher] in Round 1.

They could also go corner here, but the team signed Patrick Peterson and Mackensie Alexander in free agency and got good play out of Cam Dantzler last season. With Mike Hughes still on the roster, that's plenty of guys in that corner room. As such, it's time to fill out the offensive line with the best OL left available.

Alijah Vera-Tucker has his fair share of fans in the NFL. I've spoken to many who have AVT neck and neck with Slater. Vera-Tucker and Ezra Cleveland can battle it out for the left tackle spot. Off of pure talent, AVT is the most talented of the two. He measured in under the 33-inch-arm mark the NFL thinks matters for tackles, but his tape indicates a quality NFL LT with his quickness, intelligence, and technique.

The predicted pick at No. 78: Elerson Smith, Edge Rusher, Northern Iowa

I mentioned that the Vikings could be on the market for a pass rusher as early as pick 14. While I don't believe it's a Round 1 priority, they absolutely should in the 2021 NFL Draft. Newly [re-signed] defensive end Stephen Weatherly is on a one-year deal, and he shouldn't be a full-time starting defensive end.

Zimmer said it best that the 2020 Vikings had the worst defense he's ever had. Ranking bottom-four in pressure rate and bottom-five in sacks would certainly play a part in that.

The team has athletic freak defensive end Danielle Hunter on one side. Still, they've traditionally gone for uber-athletic pass rushers with great success on ends like Hunter, Everson Griffen and Brian Robison. Zimmer has said the team wants to play faster and faster to combat offenses "these days."

It wouldn't be a surprise to see them bank on the upside of Smith, who played well at the Senior Bowl and posted a 9.72 RAS.

The predicted pick at No. 90: Hunter Long, Tight End, Boston College

The Vikings released long-time TE Kyle Rudolph this offseason, paving the way for Irv Smith to take the reigns as TE1 in Minnesota. However, that shouldn't stop them from adding another tight end.

Kirk Cousins heavily targets his tight ends and excels out of 12 personnel. Replacing Rudolph with a tight end with some downfield athletic ability to pair with Smith and the weapons Minnesota already has here in this 7-Round 2021 NFL Mock Draft would be a strong investment as they go all-in on Cousins.

Hunter Long isn't a mind-blowing athlete, but he's smooth and reliable as a catcher. Long isn't the most dominating presence as a blocker, but he's steady and wins his fair share of reps in that area. However, he does his best work as a receiver, and that's what he'll be drafted on.

Long understands defenders' leverage and settles into zone coverages quite nicely. Because of his 6'5" frame and length, he presents a mismatch against linebackers and safeties.

Click here for Schulte's full mock draft.