Vikings Defense Can't Make Final Stand in 4th Quarter

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
vpuxmxfh5omlbneqbcjy

Zimmer summed up Minnesota's defense in the second half.

"Obviously we can't get the fourth-down play to win the game," Zimmer said.

He later added: "I don't think we got pressure on Dalton. And we weren't as good against the run either."

Minnesota allowed 376 yards and limited Dallas to under 50 percent on third downs (the Cowboys were 5-for-11 on that down).

And the Vikings snagged a turnover, as Kendricks picked off Dalton early in the second quarter on a diving catch.

But the linebacker said he's among the many who wished a handful of plays would have turned in the Vikings favor, including a pass Kendricks nearly caught a few plays before Dalton's game-winning score.

"I wish I would have had the second one," Kendricks said. "I'm going to think about that all night tonight."

The Vikings now find themselves at 4-6 on the season and will need to regroup quickly in order to get a win and keep their playoff hopes alive.

"Man, you just get back to work, you know what I mean?" Kendricks said. "We had a good week of practice this last week. I feel like we came ready to play.

"We didn't play good enough … just put our head down [going forward]," Kendricks added. "We've faced adversity this season, and we've just got to keep it rolling."