Vikings Defense Dominates with 7 Takeaways in L.A.

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
oober6zznrbifqfhpeer

Stephen, a hefty defensive tackle, couldn’t resist directing some playful ribbing at Waynes, who is regarded as one of the fastest players on the team.

“[At least Odenigbo] scored … he ran faster than Trae,” Stephen said with a wide smile.

That fumble recovery began a streak of three straight takeaways on the Chargers final three drives.

Hughes and Harris capped off the game with interceptions.

Hughes’ was his first interception since a pick-six in his NFL debut — Week 1 of the 2018 season.

“It feels good, but I want to give a lot of credit to the defense,” Hughes said. “But it felt great to finally get my hands on one.

“I look forward to getting some more,” Hughes said. “But the D-line does a great job of putting pressure on the quarterback, so it’s not all on me.”

Harris now leads the Vikings with five interceptions in 2019. Rivers has now thrown 18 picks in 2019.

“He has a big arm, has got some good weapons, and he’s a guy that is confident he can fit the ball in there and give his guys a chance to make a play,” Harris said. “He gave them some chances … but we were able to come down with some.”