Vikings Hit the Links for Foundation’s Annual Golf Tournament

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
gxlviwnrwgf1bo4ftvgz

Vikings Executive Director of Social Impact Brett Taber said the event raised more than $100,000 for the foundation.

“We see a direct result of the money we make here today going back into our communities, serving healthy meals for kids that need it most,” Taber said. “Kids during the summer months are missing more than 250,000 meals.

“Events like this give us the funding so that the Minnesota Vikings Foundation can help provide meals to those kids,” Taber added, “and use the power of the Vikings brand to help remove some of those barriers that kids have to healthy meals and nutrition and physical activity every single day.”

Vikings rookie center Garrett Bradbury was among those who participated in the event, although the recent first-round pick wasn’t above to rave about his golf game.

“Anyone on the D-line, I would assume they’re not very good at golf, but I’m right there with the D-linemen,” Bradbury said before joking that he hoped the six golf balls he had would last longer than six holes.

But the event did provide a bit of team bonding for some offensive players, as Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins got matching mock turtlenecks for his offensive linemen and fellow quarterbacks.

“If anyone has this on, it’s either a quarterback or a lineman,” Bradbury said with a smile. “Thankful to Kirk that he did that, I’m excited to match with the rest of the guys.”