Vikings Looking for New Coordinator After Stefanski Hired as Browns Head Coach

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
tno6uibecr4bim50zo7d

Minnesota’s offense ranked eighth at 25.4 points per game in 2019, and was 16th with 353.5 yards per game.

The Vikings showed a penchant for running the ball under Stefanski in 2019. Minnesota ran the ball on 49.43 percent of its offensive plays in 2019, the second-highest run-percentage rate in the league.

Vikings players voiced their support and respect for Stefanski on Sunday as they cleaned out their lockers.

“Part of me wants him to stay here, but part of me is so happy for him and his family,” said center Garrett Bradbury. “I couldn’t have asked for a better offensive coordinator in my first year. He was awesome for a lot of reasons. He’s been super-approachable as a coach.

“Coming in as a rookie, the O.C., you kind of think there’s a distance, but he’s just an awesome guy with football and without football. I’m happy for him,” Bradbury added. “Cleveland is getting a hell of a coach, a hell of a person. My main feeling is being happy for him and thankful for what he did this year.”

Added running back Alexander Mattison: “I wish nothing but the best for him. Just want to wish blessings for him and his family. It’s part of the game, but obviously over the year I’ve come to grow a relationship with him.

“He has a resilient mindset. He knows football like the back of his hand,” Mattison continued. “I know that he’ll do a great job.”