Vikings Looking to Field Fully-Healthy Offense for 1st Time Since Week 6

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
myschncsp1u0qey0gewp

Cook, who rushed for 1,135 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2019, emphasized Wednesday that he’ll be out there Sunday against the Saints.

“I definitely feel refreshed,” Cook said. “I won’t put a percentage on it. If I was whatever percentage, I’ll be out there on Sunday.

“I’m going to be ready to go, I’m going to be at full strength,” Cook added, “and I’m looking for a good football game.”

When healthy, Cook makes the Vikings offense go, even when he doesn’t get the ball. Quarterback Kirk Cousins has been highly-effective on play-action passes this season, and that partly stems from defenses focusing in on Cook’s home-run ability.

“He’s just a tremendous player, and obviously having your best players on the field helps you,” Cousins said. “We’re excited to have him, and I expect him to be a great contributor, as he has been all season.”

Added Diggs: “He definitely changes the game, as far as the running game and the passing game.”

Cook’s backup, rookie Alexander Mattison, has also been on the mend with ankle injury suffered in Week 14 against the Lions. Mattison, who ran for 462 yards and a touchdown, missed the final three games of the regular season.

The 2019 third-round pick said Wednesday that he, too, expects to be good to go for his first-career playoff game.

“I used this time to heal, so it definitely was helpful,” Mattison said. “Taking it day-by-day and trying to heal up even more. I’ll be ready to go.”