Vikings Offense: 3 Good 2020 Stats & 2 to Improve in 2021

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
ebcqdyrjv8uj1vfsraz2

3 Strong Offensive Stats in 2020:

1. Rushing yards per game

The Vikings averaged 142.7 rushing yards per game in 2020, which ranked fifth-highest in the NFL behind Baltimore, (191.9), Tennessee (168.1), Cleveland (148.4) and New England (146.6). Cook was the train that kept Minnesota's run game churning, but the Vikings also received solid production from Alexander Mattison, who recorded 96 carries for 434 yards and two rushing touchdowns in his second pro season.

Ameer Abdullah and Mike Boone contributed offensively when called upon while occupying larger roles on special teams.

Minnesota averaged more rushing yards per game than any other season under Zimmer; the last time the Vikings averaged more than 140 per game was 2012, when Adrian Peterson helped elevate that number to 164.6 yards per outing.

Cook and Company were helped on the ground by Minnesota's offensive line and by fullback C.J. Ham, who in 2019 was voted to his first career Pro Bowl.

"I think [C.J. is] a fine player. I've had some good ones in my day, some good fullbacks, and I guarantee he's right up there at the top," Kubiak said in December. "I think he's just getting started."