Vikings Run Game Thrives, but Offense Doomed by Lack of Points

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
xci3cdaacqguskndw38e

Cook, who had seven runs that went for at least seven yards, said Minnesota's rushing total should have been higher than it was.

"I'm hot about that, I'm mad about that," Cook said. "I just couldn't find my – it's different playing on this grass after playing on turf for three weeks and trying to cut the same way. It's different.

"Sometimes I was losing my feet. I was mad at myself. Left some runs out there, but just gotta go watch the film and get better from it," Cook added. "The thing about it is just like how we played hard, I ran hard, kept our team in manageable downs. I think that was most important."

Cousins completed 24 of 37 passes for 225 yards with a touchdown and no interceptions.

He had a passer rating of 90.5, and was sacked a season-high six times, which also marked the highest total of his career.

Minnesota's offensive performance started with an early lead and a dominating run game, but a lack of third-down conversions (5-for-15) and other miscues led to just two scores for the Vikings.