Vikings Transition Back to TCO After Closure, Focus on Texans

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
icnznucdx0uigdhxdry7

Vikings Special Teams Coordinator Marwan Maalouf provided a pair of anecdotes on how he's handled an unusual week.

"It hasn't been bad. We had some really good virtual meetings. Our guys are dialed-in," Maalouf said. "My wife was like, 'What are you doing here?' type of thing. That's as weird as it gets. Don't mess up her routine, her daily routine with the kids, but we were watching film from home still. It's amazing what you can do from home now.

"I know the entire world now kind of sees that and does it, so for us to adapt, we adapt and move on. It is what it is," Maalouf added. "I'm just happy that so far everybody is healthy, so that's what really matters, and we're ready to go."

Vikings players and coaches emphasized before the season that it would take personal responsibility from everyone to ensure the virus stays outside of TCO Performance Center.

And even though the team has had some uneasy moments in recent days, Maalouf said Thursday that the team must continue to be cautious going forward.

"You start second-guessing. You start wondering, 'Who did I say hi to in pregame? Where was I? What did I do? All of those things," Maalouf said. "At the end of the day, you're like, 'I didn't make any contact with anybody.' I probably waved to people from the sideline, which is what I'm going to continue to do.

"So, all of the opposing special teams coaches out there, no disrespect, but you'll get a wave from me from here on out because I'm not getting close to anyone going forward. You start to wonder, 'Who was it? Was it me?' You don't want to do that," Maalouf added. "I don't want to put myself in that position to jeopardize the rest of our team, so I'm going to be extra careful. My family and I are careful to begin with, but trust me, there's a lot of stuff running through your mind when everybody starts to get some of that information back, regardless of how it happened. I'm glad that so far, knock on wood, we're OK."