Week 3 Final Injury Report: Russell Okung 'questionable' for Chargers

Sir Purr

Mar 16, 2019
tul4zytunfuckr4sx4ed

CHARLOTTE — Left tackle Russell Okung (groin) was a full participant in Friday's practice, but is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Chargers.

Okung did not practice on Thursday but said he would “work his butt off” to play this weekend. If Okung can't go, Greg Little or Trent Scott will start at left tackle.

"I'm hoping Russell can play just because he's our starter, and then we would go from there," head coach Matt Rhule said. "Coaches would make a determination off of practice. But Greg's been the backup left tackle, so I'd have full confidence in him, but I wouldn't want to say right now I'd want to go in this direction."

Defensive tackle Kawann Short (foot) and left guard Dennis Daley (ankle) are listed as doubtful for Sunday's game. Neither player practiced during the week but will travel to Southern California.

"We'll get them there and see if they feel good tomorrow and see if something changes on Sunday," Rhule said. "But if we played right now, they wouldn't play."

Though listed on the injury report earlier this week, defensive end Brian Burns (thigh), right guard John Miller (ankle/groin), and defensive end Yetur Gross-Matos (concussion) are all expected to play.

You can check out the full injury report by clicking here.