What’d They Say: Chargers HC Anthony Lynn Preparing for Familiar Faces

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
uophf3sye0d8go027wz4

Lynn on Kirk’s ability to spread the ball around:

“Well, the Vikings have a ton of weapons. Those receivers, those running backs – that fullback is really versatile, too. And they’ve got the offensive line that they want – an athletic line that can move, cut-off on the front side, cut in the back side, to complement that wide zone running scheme.

“Cousins is just kind of spreading the wealth. He’s moving around a lot, he’s extending some plays, he’s throwing with a good accuracy. He just looks a lot more comfortable this time around than when I played him last time.”

Rivers on Zimmer’s defense:

“Yeah, they’re good. They’re good. Obviously, I’ve gone against Coach Zimmer and this scheme a handful of times over his years in Cincinnati and in ’15 up in the Minnesota. We saw them once in the preseason. A good defense. And they’ve kept some continuity player-wise, which he had in Cincy, as well, which helps with his scheme. They give you a lot of looks, they work well together, and they fly around. They make you earn every first down. … Nothing will come easy, and it will be a heck of a challenge.”

Rivers on prospect of playing spoiler after being eliminated from the postseason:

“We want to win for us. It’s been tough. Every loss by one score and obviously that tough stretch right there in the middle. So, we’re playing for us. But certainly, there’s a lot on the line for them. The Rams are pulling for us, as well. It’ll be a heck of a game. Again, our focus is 1-0 this week, and I think keeping that focus, it served us well last week. We’ll have that same approach and see if we can get another one.”

TE Hunter Henry on playing the role of spoiler:

“I don’t know if we’re playing for that, but we’re excited to go out there and have another opportunity this week against another good football team that’s coming out here. We get to play a home game, for once. I feel like we haven’t been home in a while. I know that we’ll all be excited about that. We’re playing a really good Vikings team. We’ll be fired up and ready to go.”

RB Austin Ekeler on the Vikings defense:

“They play a lot of zone – Cover 2, Cover 4 – so it’s a lot of the same stuff [we’ve seen]. Everyone has their own little taste and flair, so you just have to adjust to that. Not really anything that stands out.”