Who analysts predict Bears will pick in draft

Staley Da Bear

Mar 16, 2019
lyr9mnwhhxjj0bncfjhs

With the NFL Draft rapidly approaching, some national writers updated their mock drafts this week. Here's a sampling of who they think the Bears will select with their first two picks in the second round at Nos. 43 and 50:

Josh Edwards, CBS Sports (updated April 17)
No. 43:
Louisiana offensive lineman Robert Hunt
Comment: Hunt has Pro Bowl potential as an interior offensive line prospect. He played right tackle for the Ragin' Cajuns last season.
No. 50: California safety Ashtyn Davis
Comment: Davis is a smart player that can organize the defense on the back end in Chicago. He has track traits that translate.

Kevin Hanson, Sports Illustrated (April 17)
No. 43:
Ohio State cornerback Damon Arnette
No. 50: Southern Illinois safety Jeremy Chinn

Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN (April 14)
No. 43:
Notre Dame tight end Cole Kmet
Comment: Kmet is the best tight end in an unspectacular class, but the talent is there for him to be a good blocker and receiver.
No. 50: Penn State receiver K.J. Hamler
Comment: Whether it's Nick Foles or Mitchell Trubisky at quarterback in 2020, the Bears need weapons. That's why I got them a tight end at No. 43, and that's why I'm going with a wide receiver here. Hamler, who is only 5-foot-9, 178 pounds, is explosive in space and can play in the slot or outside. Though he wasn't able to work out at the combine because of a hamstring injury, I feel comfortable saying he's one of the fastest players in the class. His problem last season was drops -- he had nine. If he can get that corrected, Chicago will have a really good player on its hands.

Chad Reuter, NFL.com (April 17)
No. 43:
Michigan center Cesar Ruiz
No. 50: Southern Illinois safety Jeremy Chinn

Chris Trapasso, CBS Sports (April 16)
No. 43:
Houston offensive lineman Josh Jones
Comment: Jones can play inside or outside but projects best at tackle due to his combination of length, athleticism, balance, and power.
No. 50: Clemson cornerback A.J. Terrell
Comment: Terrell has all the tools and experience to be a shutdown outside cornerback in the NFL.