You've Got Mail: As Free Agency Nears, Humphries Returns

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
diaacb9cyurzcc0yaduj

"How about some trade talk? I've got three proposals: Patrick Peterson for Trent Williams (let D.J. Humphries walk in free agency and extend Williams). Andy Isabella for N'Keal Harry (each 1st year disappointing WR gets to go back to the team near their glorious college days). David Johnson to the Texans for a 7th rounder (his salary prohibits much return value). Have I nailed it? Should Steve Keim fear me?"

I haven't seen you, Bill, so I can't say if Keim should fear you, but he is a former offensive lineman ... I mean, if you're asking about fear that you've suddenly become a GM candidate because of the above ideas, um, well, probably not. (And Bill did send in this question prior to the Humphries news.)

I'm not sure why the Patriots would give up on Harry when his disappointing first season was basically injury-related. Don't know why the Texans would take Johnson with that salary. And I'm trying to figure out what the Cards would do if they deal Peterson, other than have a gaping hole at CB. They've already made clear they want Byron Murphy in the slot -- so you'd be searching for a cover corner, and counting on Robert Alford, who missed the entire season, to be your No. 1 CB.

From Garth Short via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...