You've Got Mail: February Facts

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
pzxlbgkdufbggxgiexca

"It is said that when building a winning franchise, you should focus on six key positions: QB, LT, No. 1 WR, dominant pass rusher, shutdown CB and a no-fear sideline-to-sideline safety. Well by my account, the Cardinals have these positions covered with Kyler, Hump, D-Hop, Chandler, Pat P and Budda. So why aren't the Cardinals a better team? Is it coaching, playcalling or player attitude? What I saw in 2020 was a team that committed penalties in crucial situations and could not convert a first down on third or fourth down with one-yard or less severely stalling drives. They showed flashes during the season which was very exciting to watch, but could not sustain the momentum. I have been a very loyal fan since 1966, will turn 66 in a few months, and would like to see a championship during my lifetime!"

I don't disagree you need those spots manned by quality talent, but you need a lot more than that to be a good team. While I think Peterson is still a good cornerback, I don't know if he is shutdown anymore and the Cards need to get some talented youth at the position beyond Byron Murphy. At pass rusher, the Cards didn't even have Jones most of the season. You are right that the Cardinals committed way too many penalties and were not able to covert too many times in very convertible situations. If you are talking about contending for a title, there are a lot of areas that need improvement, and it goes well beyond six spots.

From Georges Olivier via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...