You've Got Mail: Here Comes Free Agency

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
diaacb9cyurzcc0yaduj

"Hi Darren. Could you give us some insight on the role of WR coach David Raih during games? It looked like he was always standing next to Kliff and discussing plays with him. I was more expecting Tom Clements in this role. Also, there were rumors when he left the Packers about him not connecting to the Packers' WR room. What's your take on his track record so far? Maybe the lack of development of the rookie WRs can be attributed to him? Thank you!"

In a passing offense -- and with a coach who really was the only one with a history with Kliff before last season -- it doesn't surprise me Raih, as a wide receivers coach, would be in the mix on game days. But make no mistake, Kliff is the guy running the show out there. As for Raih as a receivers coach, I can't speak to anything that happened before Arizona, although when I tried to google these "rumors" I noticed that the tweet they originally came from has been deleted, so there's that. (Also, it's notable that the Packers receivers who struggled when Raih was there still have not emerged even with other coaches, so that probably says something too.) I think Raih's energy and passion helps that room, and don't forget that he works in tandem with Jerry Sullivan, who has a long resume of success. When it comes to the 2019 rookies, they need to improve their games in different ways, and I do not think their struggles are as a result of coaching.

From Jason Beckum via azcardinals,com:

Continue reading...