You've Got Mail: March Has Arrived

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
diaacb9cyurzcc0yaduj

"What are your thoughts on TE Dan Arnold? Kyler seemed notably enamored with him. He was caught on mic saying he's never had that tall of a target before, he just lobs it up and Dan grabs it. For a team that struggled with receiving the last few years, Dan seems like he can be a major addition. And it makes me think we might not be as bad off as we seem. Larry's back, Dan and Maxx Williams are both good receivers, Kirk, Pharaoh Cooper flashed, and we got three or four young guys and surely one of them will succeed. Do we really need to spend a first-round pick on a WR?"

Need to? No. Want to/Should? That's a different question. First, back to the Arnold thing. I like what little we saw from Dan Arnold and yes, I think he can be a weapon in this offense. Now, with the guys that catch passes on the whole, they could still use someone with speed on the outside. Given what will be available, I don't think I see a wide receiver picked in the first round. But again, if you see the best player on the board at that spot, a guy who can be a Pro Bowler and pick up the baton from Fitz when Fitz retires, you have to at least think about it.

From Irin Clark via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...