You've Got Mail: Panthers Week

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
byitgbrd3w9ffvcnvnmf

"Hi Darren. I want to talk about this 'Isaiah Simmons to safety' thing, because I think you misunderstand the intention. Those of us in Camp Move-Him-To-Safety are not panicking about Simmons sub-par play at ILB. You are right, it's only two games. Our feelings are that Simmons would be a better safety than he'll be a ILB based on his skillset. To put it like this, he might develop into a B+ linebacker someday. That's pretty darn good and we'd all be happy if that happened. What we're saying is we think he has A+ safety potential. If you watch his college film and usage, he's a safety. He's a Jamal Adams. A Kam Chancellor. A bigger Budda. Heck, an Adrian Wilson. Let's not force Simmons to play ILB out of a perceived need. What if we do re-sign Campbell? That closes the door on our No. 1 pick in his 2nd year. Thanks."

Well, obviously they may look at him there. And Charlie, you seem very reasonable and have a well-thought out argument. But forgive me if I can't buy into your discussion of your "camp" -- go through my emails and Twitter, and you will see those calling for a move a) absolutely panicking after now, three games, and b) absolutely saying he'd be an F at linebacker so he needs to move. Just sayin'. Maybe he will turn out to be that kind of safety. I personally see him more as a linebacker, but we could find out. I disagree re-signing Campbell closes the door on anything. Simmons was already working as both OLB and ILB and I believe his role was only going to become potentially more varied anyway. (I also have doubts, given where the salary cap may go, that they will be able to keep Campbell, but we will see on that too.)

From Tim from Phoenix via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...