You've Got Mail: Phase Two Week

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
mmn11dxof78mmwsuihik

"Hi Darren, just saw the very insightful presser with Bernhard Seikovits. I am from Germany and have played and coached there for six years so I wanted to share some insights. Seikovits mentioned that in Europe, the best athletes go play other sports than football, which is true for the most part. However, since football is such a niche sport, everyone playing has a real passion for the game. Further, the Austrian league is one of the best amateur football leagues in the world. As a reference, I'd say the Vienna Vikings would be a decent NCAA Division II college team. Seikovits and Sandro Platzgrummer (who is on the Giants' active roster) are the two best Austrian players, so it was a real surprise to many that Platzgrummer made it to the NFL last year while Seikovits didn't. Therefore, we can all be sure that he will bring both passion and talent to the Cards. Compared to German player Moritz Boehringer (who didn't make it further than an NFL practice squad), Seikovits has much more playing experience, not least as a QB in the Austrian national team. He should therefore also be able to pick up the mental side of the game quickly. What were your impressions of him? Do you think he'll be able to make a push for the Cards active roster?"

It's so early on Seikovits. I'd have to see him against veterans, beyond just this minicamp. But it'll be difficult to make the roster. Might he have an outside chance to make the practice squad aside from his international exemption? Yeah, considering a bigger practice squad. But I appreciate the background info.

From Chris Barr via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...