You've Got Mail: Reflecting On The Season

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
xgfncsb5hwt42vxkdprp

"Hey Darren, with the roster the way it is, with Covid, and what seems to be a plethora of Free agents does/would Steve Keim take into consideration/advice/major input from Kyler Murray? He's their Franchise and future and wouldn't it be wise to ask what he needs to become the best player he can be? Players in the draft that he has a bond with? I know on the surface the question seems simple but I feel this year's decisions are unlike any before. Keim is the key to all of this and personally if I was him I'm going all in with Kyler's input not just the coaches (who probably won't be around as long as Kyler). How much input should a franchise QB have? Do you think Kyler should have substantial input?"

In general, no, I don't think a quarterback should have "substantial" input. For one, I don't want one teammate to have that kind of power over another teammate. Two, I know Murray is the QB, but if you are, for instance, Hop, or Budda Baker, wouldn't you wonder why this kid gets a say and you don't? Three, I'm going to be kept/fired on what I do as GM, so I'm not ceding that decision-making when my butt is on the line. Now, might you bounce something off him? Maybe. Like when the Cardinals talked to Patrick Peterson about Tyrann Mathieu. I get that part. But if the Cards weren't comfortable with Mathieu, for instance, they wouldn't have taken him no matter what Peterson said. Kyler isn't watching video, scouting players. He's 23 and he's still trying to learn the game better himself. He's got enough on his plate.

From CJ Klackston via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...