You've Got Mail: Schedule Release Week

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
diaacb9cyurzcc0yaduj

"Hi Darren. I know it's too early to start worrying but I'm looking into the future, and I'm worrying. In 2021, Budda, Pat P, Zane and Larry (of course) are free agents. In 2022, Chandler and Christian Kirk are free agents. Let's not forget DeAndre Hopkins' raise. I'm trying to make the math work, and I don't know if I can. What do you think? Do you think it's even possible we can keep all these guys, or will one have to walk?"

First, I'm not worrying. We live in a world where we're all stuck in our houses for our own well-being, and people are dying across the country because of the coronavirus, so at this point, I can't get to worked up about free agency next March. (I'm not trying to be a smartass -- just realistic). The NFL is a league based on, believe it or not, year to year. Hopkins is under contract. They want to get something done, yes, but he can't go anywhere. Some decisions are going to have to be made, about the money spent and on whom. Players get older. If you are asking if every single one of these players are going to be on the roster for the 2022 season, I'm going to play the odds and say no.

From Jerry Brown via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...