You've Got Mail: Seahawks Week, Part II

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
ywch80ojzyuepctexg9t

"I'm still pinching myself after (Sunday's) win. What a game. With that said: during the first 5 or 6 games of the season, it seemed Kyler wasn't getting touched on scrambles, with 95% of them ending in slides. I could count hits on one hand. I loved that -- I felt it improved his chances of staying healthy for 16 games (plus playoffs). However, in the last couple games, it seems he's taking a lot more hits. It raises a couple of questions -- what's changed? Coaching aggressiveness? Kyler's decision making, comfort level? Does anyone in the organization track/monitor this - the slide to tackle ratio on his carries? It's been many years since I felt we had a shot in every game and were never outclassed by our opponent. It's good to be back."

I think some of the change with Kyler getting hit is the circumstances -- for instance, the big shot against the Dolphins came because Kyler knew he needed a first down late in the game. He does seem to be getting hit more. I can't disagree there, and that is absolutely a topic of conversation. Kliff Kingsbury said he actually talked to Murray and reminded him he has to be careful, and Murray knows this. Usually he has no desire to tempt fate. It will be interesting though, as the Cardinals push for the playoffs, if Murray loses sight of that a little as he tries to work to the postseason.

From David McCommack via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...