You've Got Mail: The End Of Training Camp

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
k3kpi4raavlf5zm4eovt

"Hello Darren, I don't understand what the coaches mean by 'We will find a place for Simmons'. A football team is less flexible than we think. There's only 11 spots on defense and all of them are critical. Putting Simmons in means taking somebody else out. So is he an ILB? Is he an OLB? Is he a nickel CB? Is he a box S? No matter the answer, it means you are removing: Campbell, Kennard, Thompson or Budda, Byron, etc. It doesn't work at all. And most importantly, you don't spend that valuable draft pick on a rotational sub-package. We are trending towards a trainwreck with this pick. The No. 8 guy needs to play 99% of snaps, like Budda does. So make a final decision. If hes an ILB, then bench Campbell. That's all there is to it."

Gotta say, Rella, that seems kinda demand-y to me. They've already said he's an inside linebacker. I'm sorry you disapprove of the pick, but I feel safe in saying you are in the minority. You are right, there are only 11 spots on defense. I am guessing Simmons will find his way, sooner rather than later, into one of those 11 spots. Will he play 99 percent of the snaps? I wouldn't be surprised either way. But that's a lot of snaps for a rookie, especially when you have some depth. Given that you haven't seen what they are doing with Simmons -- and that no one has been able to report on it -- maybe you consider some patience?

From @LJ_Sherman via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...