You've Got Mail: WFT Week

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
rav87hg14jwg0oebjb12

"Hi Darren, Isaiah Simmons' debut could not have been worse. You gotta feel bad for him. But it prompts an important question - did we make a mistake? Not in the player. In the position. I've felt strongly from the start that moving guys around to new positions is forever a bad idea. The biggest issue with learning the ILB position, as said by Ron Wolfley on the radio, is that things happen way faster in the box. Simmons is highly intellectual and so there's a growing belief that he's just a terrible fit for that position. I think we spoke about this before, but it needs to be discussed again because we spent the No. 8 pick on Simmons and he MUST succeed."

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I know this is called "overreaction Monday" for a reason (the day you sent this in,) but, c'mon man. First -- "there's a growing belief ..." Where? In your household? Second, you talk about Simmons moving positions. That's literally all he did in college. He's played there at least some. Does he need to succeed? Yes. Was his debut not great? Fair to say. How about you let him play more than one NFL game? I get that everyone feels burned with what they tried to do with Haason Reddick. I'm not sure how you praise Simmons' intelligence and then say he's already out of his depth -- with no offseason and no preseason games. That was literally the first NFL game Simmons appeared in. Simmons got burned on an angle route that burned Chandler Jones the year before. I don't see people saying Jones is a terrible fit. If this is how Simmons plays all season -- and I am betting it will not be -- then, yeah, they'll have to find a different spot. But man, your leash is way too short.

From Steve Drumm via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...