You've Got Mail: Whither Fitz?

Big Red

Mar 16, 2019
fqrwtvjctuni70cwlql6

"Say we use our first-round pick on a cornerback, and Fitz retires. What are your thoughts on wide receiver? Are we OK as is? I don't know how to feel. On one hand, if A.J. Green returns to form, we are in great shape. If not, where does that leave us? We have always dominant Hop. And we have hot/cold Kirk. And then, I don't know. KeeSean Johnson and Andy Isabella are total unknowns. Let's not forget the loss of Dan was significant. Round 2 is notable this year because of our lack of a third-round pick. There's a big dropoff in talent after our second, so our first- and second-rounders this year MUST hit. Round 1 CB, WR round 2? Or is there a greater need?"

Even if Fitz retires, I think they can make it through this season as is. Does that rule out, for instance, a second-round wide receiver? No. And they have a lot of figure out beyond 2021. Kirk and Green will have expiring contracts after the season, and at best, Isabella and Johnson are unknowns, at worst, you need to find guys above them on the depth chart. But you need to be smart with both those first two picks. If there is a good offensive lineman in the second round, or tight end, or running back, for instance, that wouldn't be a bad pick. But -- if your go cornerback in round one -- a wide receiver in round two wouldn't be bad.

From Matt Koosh via azcardinals.com:

Continue reading...