Zimmer Talks Vikings OC Search, Recalls Super Bowl Memories on KFAN

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
aquhfn7fguj59jningr6

Zimmer noted that he didn't attend any team functions at night the entire week, instead choosing to study the Steelers offense on third downs from the entire 1995 season.

Zimmer's obvious goal now is to bring a Super Bowl to Minnesota, where he is entering his eighth season in charge.

The 64-year-old said that goal is constantly on his mind.

"Every day I think about it," Zimmer said. "Every day you think about, 'How can we get to that level?' Every day it's in our building, in our processes that we do. Every day we go out on the practice field. Like I said before, it's extremely difficult.

"Our fans are the best in the world. They deserve it," Zimmer added. "We want to be the ones to give it to them."

Zimmer also touched on current Vikings news, including the ongoing search for an offensive coordinator after Gary Kubiak retired.

"We've got a couple more we're going to do this week," Zimmer said. "There's so many things we did well offensively last year. I liked the continuity of the offense.

"But I think there's some other things we can add, as well, to make us even better," he added. "We had an awful lot of penalties last year offensively, which we need to change. Obviously, we've got a good run game. We've got to look at the personnel and try and figure out where we can go from here and how we can get to the next step."