'Hey, Teddy': Vikings Laud Bridgewater Before QB's Return to Play Minnesota

Viktor

Mar 19, 2019
eqji4mazvaoym4f21mab

"I was on the sideline, and that's probably the loudest I've heard that stadium since I've been here," Cook said. "It was loud. It was crazy. … I'm glad I got to experience it.

"It's probably one of the greatest moments, after the "Minneapolis Miracle," since I've been here," Cook added. "Just a memorable moment to see a guy come back from something so gruesome … and to see him back on the field, it's amazing."

Bridgewater said Wednesday that the moments were a blur, and that he's appreciative of all of the support he received from the Purple faithful. But he's also focused on the task at hand, and in his usual steady demeanor, isn't too caught up in the hoopla surrounding Sunday's reunion.

"I can't even recall. I remember being welcomed back and feeling the love from coaches, the staff, the fans, everyone involved with the Vikings organization," Bridgewater said. "Each week, my mind just kind of focuses on what's next. I'm aware I get the opportunity to go back to Minnesota and play a game there and see some familiar faces again.

"You can't make these games bigger than what they are," Bridgewater later added. "I'm aware of the storyline and the buildup and all that, but this is the most important game because it's the next game."

Bridgewater will likely share a few personal moments and share some socially distanced hellos in pregame Sunday morning.

But when kickoff nears, the mood will shift from fun to business.

Just ask Zimmer, who explained an interaction between the coach and QB when the NFL schedule was released in early May.

"Teddy and I have a great relationship. We've talked ever since he's left," Zimmer said. "When the schedule came out — I don't know if he texted me or I texted him — but I told him I was rooting for him in 15 games, just not when we played them, and he basically said the same thing.

"I'm proud of what he's done. He's a great kid, great family," Zimmer added. "It is a little different when you're as close to somebody … but you're still trying to beat the heck out of him as best as you can."