'I know how to get open': New Bronco Jerry Jeudy explains why he's the best wide receiver in the 2020 NFL Draft

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
fdyli0uzfax3tdkwwxvz

Sutton, who carved out his spot as the Broncos' top receiving option in 2019, said he was "really excited" when he saw the team's selection. Jeudy, he said, reminds him of another former Alabama product.

"One of the biggest things that I see from seeing his film is he reminds me a little bit of Calvin Ridley," Sutton said.

Ridley, a third-year player, recorded 64 catches for 821 yards and 10 touchdowns as a rookie.

Jeudy said he's excited to learn from both Sutton and quarterback Drew Lock.

"They're a great group of guys that I've seen over their college careers and this past season, so they're great players that I'd like to learn from and play next to and compete with," Jeudy said.

As for Lock, there may be no one happier with the Broncos' first-round selection.

"As a fellow SEC guy, I've been watching you make plays for years," Lock said in a video posted to the Broncos' social media channels. "I'm just happy you're on my team now. We've got something rolling here in Denver. … Call me whenever you need me. I'm ready to go through the playbook tonight, tomorrow — whenever you're ready."

No matter the play, it's clear Jeudy plans to get open.