'We've got some stallions': QB Drew Lock reacts to Broncos' 2020 NFL Draft additions

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
uvrhz1vupm1wwn59ecwv

Lock said he told his former college teammate that he needed to use the slight as motivation for the future.

"It ended up being the same thing that I was feeling: that there was never going to be a time that he's going to forget this feeling," Lock sad. "If there's a time where he maybe wanted to rest his eyes, go to bed a little early, he's going to stay up. He's going to work even harder. He's going to be ready. He's going to dedicate all his time to this. I know that sounds cliché and you hear that story about guys falling and then saying they've got a chip on their shoulder now, but that's real.

"That's a real thing. I couldn't be more thankful for that chip that I got after falling into that second round and being at the draft and watching 32 guys walk right next to me."

Lock, who attended the 2019 NFL Draft but fell to the second round, said he saw former Bronco Al Wilson on the night he was finally taken with the 42nd-overall pick. Wilson gave Lock the draft card the Broncos turned in, and Lock put the card into his backpack.

"I have not moved this from my backpack," Lock said. "I think about this every day. This is my actual draft card. … I kept that in my backpack, so I'd be lying if I said I don't think about it every single day. It's there every day. I keep my pencils there. I open that pouch and I see that bad boy every day."

As Lock continues to try to prove himself in the NFL, he now has a set of weapons that includes Jeudy, Hamler, Okwuegbunam, Courtland Sutton, Phillip Lindsay, Melvin Gordon and Noah Fant.

"Looking at it now, we've got a ton of guys around the field," Lock said. "We're going to be able to push the ball deep. You're gonna have to put a lot of fast guys on the field to try to cover us, and then you look at our backfield, we've got Phillip and we have Melvin, too. People are talking about our receivers right now obviously from the draft, but [you] can't forget about those backs that we have in Denver now."