10 Burning Questions for Camp: Who will back up Joe Flacco?

Miles

Mar 18, 2019
rgkdoiondd04gfibod1v

But he feels like Denver offers something different -- something he has not experienced as a pro.

"I felt like I made huge strides last year with this organization and I was practicing pretty well," Hogan said in March. "Then I looked at how the San Francisco quarterbacks developed under [Offensive Coordinator] Rich [Scangarello] and [Quarterbacks Coach] T.C. [McCartney]. They played three quarterbacks last year and they all did real well.

"I had the opportunity to talk to [49ers quarterback] Nick Mullens and he was raving about these guys and how they coached him and really helped him."

Hogan is on his fourth NFL team; he passed through Kansas City, Cleveland and Washington before joining the Broncos last year, one day after the 53-man roster deadline. In March, when he hit the market, he felt re-signing with the Broncos was his best option, even with Flacco aboard and rookies certain to arrive.

"For me, it's about being in a situation that's best for me. I'm going into Year Four, and I haven't necessarily been in the right situations until I got out here," he said. "I've grown to love this team and this city. I just want to continue to grow."

Hogan's experience was enough to get him the bulk of the second-team repetitions this spring, and he made an impression on Head Coach Vic Fangio.

“He looks much improved from what I remember," Fangio said during OTAs. "I think he’s done well. I think he’s an improved quarterback from my last look at him which was a couple of years ago.”