10 intriguing NFL Draft prospects to watch

Cheesehead

Mar 19, 2019
ajvtjn50svp3vzrp3g3r

Diggs is the younger brother of former Minnesota Vikings receiver Stefon Diggs, who was traded to Buffalo this offseason. Unlike Stefon, a fifth-round pick in 2015, Trevon could very well be drafted in the first round. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound cornerback was recruited to Alabama as a four-star receiver and played right away as a true freshman. He shifted to cornerback the following year and his ball skills carried over to his new position. He racked up 68 tackles, 21 passes defensed, four interceptions and two forced fumbles in 31 games on defense. He earned third-team AP All-American honors after recording 37 tackles, 11 passes defensed and three INTs in 12 starts. He also has prior experience as a kickoff (23.8 yards per return) and punt returner (9.2 avg.) from his first two seasons in Tuscaloosa.

Stone follows a long line of gritty, versatile Iowa defensive backs who have had success at the next level, including former Packers' fifth-round pick Micah Hyde. Like so many other Hawkeyes, Stone flew under the radar of most Division I programs before landing a late scholarship offer from Iowa. Stone went on to play as a true freshman for the Hawkeyes and developed into a two-year starter. The 5-foot-10, 205-pound safety declared early for the draft in January after a decorated college career in which he had 126 tackles, 13 passes defensed, six interceptions (one returned for a touchdown) and four forced fumbles. Like Hyde, Stone didn't run a blazing 40 at the combine (4.62) but is lauded for his high football IQ and solid instincts. Tough and willing against the run, Stone has the makeup to play a number of different positions at the next level. "Most people see me as a box safety, but at Iowa I really never had the chance to really show my range," said Stone in February. "So that's one of the main things I want to show all these coaches. I'm a versatile player. I can play either down the box or deep one-high."